1) Thank you for talking to us Josef. Please tell all of our readers where you are from.
I’m from Tortola, which is a very small island in the Virgin Islands. It is located 60 miles east of San Juan PR.
2) You play 8 different instruments, which is a feat many cannot master. When did you start playing music? Which instrument did you start playing first?
I started playing music at the age of four, playing drums in church.
3) How were you first exposed to music?
I was first exposed to music in church, where I always had a front row seat, attentively watching the musicians in the Praise &Worship Team doing their thing.
4) What instrument is your favorite when you are performing live and why?
The grand piano is my favorite instrument to play when I am performing live, because the sound of a grand is so pure and unique, and it sounds so peaceful. It enables me to get into my zone on stage and helps me to connect with my audience.
5) Who are some of your musical inspirations?
My musical inspirations include Stevie Wonder, Jamie Foxx, John Legend, Trey Songz, The Dream, Ginuwine, Nyo, Kirk Whalum, Micheal Jackson, and James Brown, just to name a few.
6) You have a project out now. Tell us about the project and the recording process.
The Romantic Obsession Promo is a promotional EP for the official Romantic Obsession album, which will be released soon. The Promo consists of six singles, which was so much fun putting together. I wroteTru 2 U when I was 11 years old and recorded it in my home studio at the age of 12. I had the opportunity to co-write and record Can’t Get Away with JazzePhe in Atlanta. High School Sweetheart was produced by Platinum Producer A. Dent. New Girl and That Should Be Me were produced by D. Clax. Magic was produced by Burt.
7) Do you enjoy songwriting? How much of the project did you write
Yes, I really enjoy songwriting, it gives me the opportunity to express my thoughts and feelings. I wrote Tru 2 U, co-wrote Can’t Get Away and collaborated in writing all of the othersongs on the EP.
8) What is your favorite thing about music?
Music takes me to a different place and causes me toreach deep inside of myself and get in touch with my thoughts and feelings, especially when I’m performing. It has the ability to touch people,transform their lives and leave a lasting impression.
9) What is your most amazing musical memory so far?
My most amazing musical memory so far was when I performed live with a full band and backup singers at the BVI Music Fest on May 25th, 2012 in front of thousands of people.
10) What do you want our readers to know about your music and you as a whole?
I want people to know that my music is honest and true to whoI am as an artist. It is a reflection of my thoughts and feelings as a person, and even though I am still very young, my best work is yet to come.
article can be found @ http://versedonline.com/meet-rb-vocalist-josef-george/